Here at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, we have committed ourselves to providing our patients with access to advanced medical treatments, minimally-invasive surgical procedures, and reliable informational resources.
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Care Center located in West Hills, CA. We have also been recognized by various other accrediting healthcare organizations, including the California Medical Association, the College of American Pathology, the JCAHO, and more. For more information about our facilities, call (818) 676-4321 today.
Learn more about bariatric procedures, arthritis pain management, and more with these links below:
- Obesity is about more than cosmetics or body image. Consider the various health risks of obesity with this guide from the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute.
- For more insight into the effects of bariatric surgery on diabetes, browse through this article from the ADA.
- Get an overview of the different types of bariatric procedures and their respective risks/benefits from the Weight-Control Information Network.
- Arthritis can significantly affect a person’s lifestyle and limit physical movement, but there are ways to cope with joint discomfort and stay active. This page from the Arthritis Foundation provides a list of resources for exercising with arthritis.
- Get more information about different types of arthritis and possible treatment options with this comprehensive guide from the NIAMS website.
- This page from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons covers some of the potential drug treatments for arthritis in the knees.
- Colorectal cancer is the second most common cancer killer in the U.S., and it does not show any noticeable symptoms in the stages of early development. Take a look at a few of the risk factors for colorectal cancer from the American Cancer Society to determine if you may be in need of an early screening.
- Learn more facts about colorectal cancer with this overview from the American College of Gastroenterology.
- The Safe Kids Worldwide foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing the rate of unintentional childhood injuries. Browse through this research report to learn more about seasonal trends in childhood injuries and about how you can keep your children safe.
- Though teenagers may not be as vulnerable as younger children, they are still at a significant risk for injury, particularly when they start driving. Read through this news release from the IIHS for some surprising statistics about teenage driver crash rates.